Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ink Review: Noodler's Polar Black





My scan bleached a little bit of the color out of this ink. I have needed a black in my ink arsenal for a while and I now have two. J. Herbin Perle Noire and Noodler’s Polar Black. The Noodler’s is the one I decided to try first as I have taken a liking to their saturated colors. I like nice thick saturation with my wet writers.

When writing with this ink my very first thought as it came out of my Jinaho F5 M Nib and onto my Staples Bagesse paper was wow THIS is BLACK. Moreover, that opinion held as I continued to write. There is light shading with my M nib, and none with the fine nib. But over all I found it to be a well behaved ink. It did not feather, nor bleed through on my Bagesse paper although it did shadow some.

It is a good black with a standard drying time for saturated inks. The only thing I did not yet get done is the water test however; I will be completing that soon and updating the review. This is labeled as a Bulletproof and Freeze proof ink.

Click to Enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin