Monday, February 15, 2010

Paper Review: Staples Bagasse Composition Book

Here we go with another first for the Ink Rack, the first paper review. Since I have been, doing all of my reviews in one notebook it seems only fitting that my first Paper Review is the Paper that I have been using for my reviews. You will have to excuse the miss spelling on my written scan I have a bad habit of spelling Bagasse wrong.

The Staples Bagasse Composition notebook is 9 ¾” X 7 ½” with a bright white paper that has tan/ orange lines that are easy on the eyes. The cover is an Eco friendly Kraft kind that can also be decorated if you like a little bit more spice if you prefer it. Each book contains 100 sheets and I paid $2.49 for mine so it will not break the bank and I find it to be a good deal.

I used two pens and two inks on the paper for testing a Dollar SP-10 with Noodler’s Tiananmen ink and the Jinaho F Nib with Noodler’s Polar Black ink. Both inks faired very well. The paper is perfectly smooth and crisp; there was no bleed through and no feathering. A little bit of show through happens when the ink flow is wetter. The paper is thin but that does not seem to have any affect on how well it takes ink. The paper is very fountain pen friendly.

Overall if you are looking for a good note taking book or a journal and of course, if you are looking for a book to do your ink reviews on if you ask me this is a perfect book. Moreover, the fact that it is Eco-Friendly makes it even better in my book.



Click to Enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin